Roasted Chestnuts Recipe
- 1/2 lb chestnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Use a paring knife to cut a thin line across the chestnuts. The knife should pass through the shell just barely into the flesh of the nut.
- Place the nuts in a rimmed baking dish and bake for 35 minutes.
- Once finished, remove from oven and peel the flesh away from the shell and the papery skin.
Recipe adapted from Huffington Post
Buttery Roasted Chestnuts
- 2lbs chestnuts
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil
- Use a paring knife to cut an X into each shell, just barely into the flesh of the nut.
- Soak the nuts in a bowl of hot water for 1 minute.
- Pat the nuts dry, then place in a medium bowl.
- Add rosemary, butter, 2 teaspoons salt, nutmeg, and pepper. Toss in bowl to liberally coat each nut.
- Place chestnuts in a single layer on the baking sheet, then gather the edges of the foil around the nuts, leaving a large opening at the top.
- Roast the nuts in the oven for about 30-45 minutes, or until the shells of the nuts start to curl.
- Remove the chestnuts from the oven and toss them again with any leftover butter, then season with salt again if desired.
- Serve hot or warm.
Recipe adapted from BonAppetite