- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1 tbsp, but I add more)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine soups, milk, basil and pepper; mix well. Stir in beef mixture. Fold in macaroni and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Vary Cheeseburger Macaroni by using cream of onion sou-p for the cream of mushroom, small pasta shells for the elbow macaroni or Swiss cheese for the American cheese. Can also add broccoli florets to mix before baking. Yummm!